Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Math Bump Stars Wars Style!

I made it through the first day of school!  Yay!  I have such a sweet group of firsties and I'm looking forward to a great year!  I started the day with Whole Brain Teaching and it was AMAZING!  If you haven't heard of it or tried it yet then you totally need to look into it!  I was really nervous about it, but my firsties responded so well to it.  I watched a ton of youtube videos on WBT and read the book by Chris Biffle.  It is such a powerful book and an easy read.
Math Bump Star Wars Style
These Bump Games are a huge hit with my first graders! They are great for practicing early addition and subtraction skills. All playing directions are on each game board for easy use. The game boards are intended for partner play, but could be used for up to 4 players. 1-3 dice (depending on the game of choice) and 10 colored game markers, like Unifix Cubes, are needed for each player.
I have included two different styles of galaxy clipart for added fun. Each set has six different game boards and ways to play. You just have to choose the skill you want your students to focus on. This is a great option for differentiation.
The skills that are included are:
• Adding 2 Dice
• Dice Doubles
• Dice Doubles +1
• Dice Doubles -1
• Roll Dice and Add 10
• Adding 3 Dice

Click on the picture to view these bump games on my TPT
Get Bumpin Math Games




Have fun and game on!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment